Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My First Blog Post

With fear and trembling today is the day I finally press the publish key. I've wanted to have a blog for the longest time but fear and apprehension and changing stages of my life held me back. It wasn't until I went to a writers' conference recently that I realized my concept of blogs was all wrong and it gave me the courage to take the leap so here I am...

August 2014
My name is Cindy and I live in the upstate of South Carolina with Earl, my outdoorsman of a husband of 34 years. We have been blessed with two wonderful children who are in their twenties, Andy and Bailey. We have two cats, Livvy and Buck, who allow us to live with them in the home I care for. A dog named Beau comes to visit every weekday morning and goes home with Andy at the end of his long day of chasing cats.

Earl and I both grew up in the beautiful state of West Virginia, met in college, had a whirlwind romance and got married at the ripe old age of 20 and 18 respectively. We moved south after six years of marriage and planted our roots deep in southern soil, though we'll always be Mountaineers at heart.

My goal for this blog is to introduce you to the One Who has made the difference in my life...that being the Person of Jesus Christ. Without Him, my life would be meaningless and empty. I would love to share things I've learned along the way to help someone else in their journey. Other topics I'll write about are homemaking, books, interesting places I've been and the wonderful people who fill my life with joy!

I decided after the conference that, if for no other reason, my children are the only ones who read this it's OK. I want them to know my heart..and you, my reader, as well.

So...welcome to My Little Corner! My hope is that you'll find encouragement for your day, put a smile on your face or make you stop and ponder something in your own life. One last thing...thank you for reading my blog!

Blessings,
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Cindy! I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! You have been a tremendous help and I've enjoyed getting to know you! What an encouragement you are!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I am so excited for you. You have taken a tremendous step, and I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Katy, we kind of started this journey together my sister writer! That feels good just saying it...thank you for your encouragement cause I wouldn't be on here if it weren't for you!

      Delete

Labels