|Me, Mom, my little brother, Dougie|
I was blessed with only fifteen years with my mother but she taught me some valuable things. I would like to share some of them with you. Maybe you'll see some things of your own experience with your mother.
1. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
2. She taught me how to make a proper bed, and then we practiced...every day. ;)
3. She taught me how to keep going when you don't feel like it.
4. She taught me how to iron. I learned on my dad's handkerchiefs and pillowcases.
5. She gave me a love for music...she sang alto, just like me.
6. She instilled in me a love for family.
7. She taught me how to properly fold towels and sheets.
8. She and I "Spring Cleaned" together.
9. When life is darkest...plant flowers.
10. She showed me, by example, how to be faithful to God and His Church.
11. She taught me how to journal the important things, like my children's sayings and their birth records.
12. She taught me how to respect my husband even when I don't agree with him.
13. She taught me how to love your children sacrificially.
14. She taught me that painting your toenails makes you feel better, even if it's just for a little while.
15. She taught me how to die with dignity, with prayer on your lips and praise for your Savior.
Her words are still teaching me today. I found something she wrote in my baby book that I hadn't read in years. She reminded me that God's love is unfailing. Those words are never truer to me than they are at this point in my life. I wrote a post recently about the power of words and how they can heal. Little did I know God would use my mother's words in my own healing.
My mother taught me many things, not only how to take care of myself, my home and my family, but the most important thing...how to love God with all my heart. If your mother has taught you anything, and I know she has, never miss an opportunity to let her know you appreciate her. It's the little things in life that mean the most.
For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:5 NIV
Blessings from My Little Corner,