Monday, May 6, 2013

Do You Have A Dream?

As I shared in an earlier post, reading has been important to me since I was a little girl. I would say it's my primary source of leisure entertainment. When I need to unwind or destress, I love to stop for a latte or make a pot of tea, get my favorite reading material or whatever I'm writing at the moment, and head out to my backyard to sit amongst the birds and flowers, and read. Yes, I'm one of those geeks... nerds...really wild and crazy girls.

Actually, I would label myself an introvert, unless you ask me about my children, books, gardening or birds. I do have other interests that I love to talk about, but most of the time I'm quiet.  I love one on one time with friends rather than loud, crowded venues. I'm very loyal...but that's enough about me..more about books.

I wanted to share with you a book I've been reading. Now, for all of you who read blogs or on-line devotions you may know the author. Her name is Holley Gerth and I discovered her through a podcast called Simple Mom. If you've never listened, you must download the app and tune in. Tsh Oxenreider (yes her name is spelled correctly) is the author of the Simple Mom blog and also the host of the podcast, which goes by the same name. Her guest on February 28, 2013 was Holley Gerth and they were discussing her new book, "You're Made For A God-Sized Dream." Other topics they covered were the book writing process, The Oscars and Downton Abbey. She was such an interesting guest that I made a note to myself that I was going to buy her book.

Well, I went to Sam's the next day and, as I always do, perused the book aisle. Whose book is the first one I see? If you guessed Holley's book you would be right! That book went in my buggy so fast it looked like magic right before your eyes.

I began reading it as soon as I got home. It's pages are tear stained for it seemed it was written to me. She could have began at the beginning, "Dear Cindy," and it could not be any more tailored for me. I am in awe of how God provides for me through the words of a complete stranger. I listen to something one day and the next it's in my hands, ministering to my soul.

Maybe you're like me, at a crossroad in your life or maybe you just need some encouragement to go for your dream. This book gives practical steps to take as well as biblical wisdom in becoming all God intended us to be. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Holley is the co-founder of (in)courage, a website for women, and is also the author of several books. You can find her at www.holleygerth.com

Please comment and let me know if you've read anything interesting lately. Have you found any good blogs that you'd recommend? There are so many good writers online these days. My friend Katy's blog, Re-telling Retail, as well as my friend Laura's, A Word of Encouragement, are on my sidebar. Check those out sometime, they are both excellent writers. We have only a limited amount of time to spend in blog land and we want to be good stewards of our time.  Also, I've enabled my blog so that you can comment without needing a Google account. There is moderation time so that I can read the comments and answer them. It also gives me an opportunity to filter anything offensive, which has never happened, but just in case, I have that option. I do appreciate you reading My Little Corner. Until next time...

Blessings from My Little Corner,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels