Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Journey Destined For Two

I was into the hair drying thing again one morning, lost in my thoughts of the past several months. I've been on a pilgrimage, a journey of healing from issues I'd locked away deep inside me...childhood trauma, hurt, abandonment, grief. Out of my journey, one abiding truth has been evident and that is the Faithfulness of God. I didn't always see it or recognize His Presence, but He was there.

He was there when my mom got sick...and when she died. He was there when my dad was floundering and I had to be a mom and dad to my brother. He was there in the form of Wilma, my "other mother." He was there when I met my husband and He was there when we couldn't have babies. He brought us to South Carolina so He could bless us beyond my wildest dreams and give us Andy and Bailey...and He was there last summer when He called to me and said, "Be still and know that I Am." He's been holding my hand and walking with me through this journey and I've never felt alone.

He continues to lead me through uncharted territory. I don't like the unknown but I'm learning to trust Him because He is faithful. We have a joke in our family about me...I love to walk but I'm not a hiker and it's because of the unknown. I'll walk miles around a track or in my neighborhood but don't ask me to go somewhere I'm unfamiliar with. My family thinks that's so boring, but they've learned to accept my quirkiness because they love me.

His word says, "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 NASB Whatever you're going through, He will be with you...every heartache...every tear...every triumph...He will make Himself real to You, but you must seek Him. It's as simple as asking.

Are you at a place in your life where you need healing? Maybe you need a fresh sense of His Presence...He is as close as a prayer away.

It's hard to explain the peace and joy that comes from true healing. That can only come from a power greater than ourselves...especially when you consider the baggage of more than 38 years. One thing I can count on dear friends, He will be faithful in all my tomorrows. He will be in the lines and pages of the rest of my story and only He knows when my days on earth will end. I'm so thankful He's given me the courage to write and share my heart. The unknown isn't as scary anymore. He will do the same for you.

O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You;
my soul thirsts for you...
I have seen You in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and glory.
Because Your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live,
and in Your name I will lift up my hands.
Psalm 63:1-4
Blessings from My Little Corner,
Cindy




4 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    This is amazing. I feel like you are writing everything I needed to write 7 years ago. I always look forward to reading your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! As we've said, we were twins separated at birth! Same path, different names! Love you friend!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I too prefer to walk on a track or place I'm familiar with but had never realized this was connected to me not liking the unknown. How did I not make that connection before? Your writing reads with ease and your heart and love for God are evident in every word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katrina! I love hearing from fellow writers...and I love having that in common with you. God has been teaching me so much about trusting Him in the "unknown." Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Labels