Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Missions Girls

They are mothers, daughters, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, nurses, teachers, engineers, managers, bookkeepers, caregivers, church goers, music lovers, missions lovers...but most of all they are Jesus lovers.


Our Speaker, June Emery, Front Row on Right
They are my friends and the women I hang out with on the first Monday night of every month...and if I'm blessed, I see them at other times throughout the week since we attend the same church. They are some of the most lovely, dedicated and fun lovin' women you would ever want to spend time with.

We meet to do missions...

Don't we look like a fun group?

hands on

in the trenches

whatever the need is

missions...

For that is what we are commanded to do when Jesus said, "love your neighbor as yourselves." We also pray for missionaries on foreign lands and we pray for our own and everyone in between...and in the process we are the ones who are blessed.

One of the things I love most about our group is the variety of our ages. My own daughter who is only 24 years of age has joined our little band of missionaries and she gives us a different perspective than our oldest who is 70 something. I believe this a beautiful picture of Titus 2 where the older women are given instruction on teaching the younger in their midst.

Some of our recent ministry projects include pajamas for children taken suddenly into DSS custody, tea party for Under His Wings residents, hymn singing at The Garden House(an assisted living facility), prisoner packets, goodie bags for workers for Virginia mission trip, Pure Water Pure Love-puts filtered water systems in place for foreign missionaries, we collected soap for New Foundations, Craft Night at Under His Wings and are regular hostesses for Oil Change Ministry.

At our most recent meeting this week, we had a guest speaker, Mrs. June Emery. She came to speak to us about the Christian Learning Centers of the Upstate. This is an organization that sponsors "Released Time" in our public school systems in the upstate of South Carolina. This allows students to be picked up and taken to a location off campus to study the Bible for one hour. High school students can actually earn one credit hour toward graduation from a public institution in our state. She gave a very informative talk and several ways in which our group can get involved, one of which is to let the public know about this amazing program. The statistics alone are worth it being in every school in the state of South Carolina...but we could have told them that without any statistics. Here is their website for more detailed info www.upstatereleasedtimeinfo.com. God said His Word doesn't return void. "So is my Word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11 NIV

If you live in my area and want to get involved with a group of ladies who love Jesus and others then contact me through my blog or on Facebook. We are always looking for new members...no requirements necessary except willing hands and heart. I would love to hear from you. There is a world out there who needs to know the Good News and we need to tell them.

Blessings from My Little Corner,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels