Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Look Back...My Year of Grace

Laura, Katy and me at The Cove
I'm not a girl who makes New Year's resolutions or picks a word for the year. I'm a simple person. I love deeply, get my feelings hurt easily, try to live joyfully and love Jesus with all my heart.

I've changed in so many ways through the last several years...the result of physical and emotional changes in my life. Lost friendships and relationships cause pain and eventually take a toll. My feelings haven't always been so tender.

God began a work in me in the summer of 2012, actually it began in 2006 but I couldn't see the big picture till now. In the summer of 2012 something began stirring in my soul. His presence was felt like never before. This past year has been the most significant year of my adult life as He reminded me of who He is and what He wants from me.

In February, 2013 I went to a writers' conference at The Cove - The Billy Graham Training Center in Asheville, North Carolina. Little did I know, God had a plan for my life that would include my dream of writing and ultimately, my healing of childhood issues.

It couldn't possibly be anyone but God Himself as the source. If I could open the pages of my daily journal you would stand in awe, as I have. Its pages are stained with tears, not always from sadness, but humility and grace...a sense of why me?!!
Finding peace

This year I've experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows, but He was with me every step of the way.

"Because of the tender mercy of our God,
by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
to shine on those living in darkness
and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace."
Luke 1:78-79
And so...I've chosen a few pictures that capture the highlights of my year...an amazing year, one I'll never forget.

 My Year of Grace.

What kind of year have you had? Please share in the comments. Don't be shy...

Happy New Year from My Little Corner,
Cindy


Proverbs 31 Writers' Conference

High school/college friend reunion
A treasure returned after 40 years
Weddings...
Birthdays...
Special friends of the heart
Graduations...

Special Christmas tradition with
The Roh Family


6 comments:

  1. This is perfect. Your journey is so miraculous, and I'm truly grateful to have had the privilege of witnessing your journey. Please share this with Boot Camp campers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, if it weren't for you I would never have gone to Boot Camp. I'm so thankful you were obedient and asked me to go. What an amazing year we've had and the best part has been our friendship! Love you girl!

      Delete
  2. Cindy, I'm so glad Katy convinced you to come to Writer's Bootcamp last year at The Cove. We became friends through that event, and I've enjoyed getting to know you better this past year. You have a tender heart for others and for missions, which I deeply respect and admire. Many people talk it, but not everyone acts. I look forward to getting together at The Cove again next month. God bless your ministry and life in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Laura! It has been a life changing year for me. You have been an integral part of it and I'm so thankful for you. Thank you for your encouragement, your help with my blog, my book and my spiritual journey. You are a treasure and I'm blessed by your friendship! God is so good to give us exactly what we need and more than we deserve! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for all that God has done in your life this year which included bringing me into it! I am praying that as you continue on this path, His peace will continue to be your strength. I love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've both come a long way haven't we Shannon? I'm so glad we met this year. Good things can really happen in the midst of trials and you are one of those. You are a blessing and inspiration to me and I look forward to all God has in store for you! Love you!

      Delete

Labels