Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ain't Got Time For That Rut

I reread old blog posts from time to time...sometimes it's to see how my writing has changed over time, but most of the time it's because I second-guess myself. I've noticed I use certain words or word patterns repeatedly. My first thought was, "how boring." Then I realized that's just the way the brain works. It's much like slipping on your favorite pair of jeans and old sweatshirt. We do or say what is comfortable for us.

It's a new day
Sometimes though we can get into a rut with our lives. We get buried so deeply in our routine and habits that the joys of life end up passing us by because they were out of reach. We couldn't see them for we were too distracted or focused on staying in our self-imposed rut.

I'm the bookkeeper for our family business and a new year causes me to organize the finances from the previous year and start fresh for the upcoming year...make new folders...clean out the old...start with a clean slate. As I said in my last post, I don't make resolutions, but the beginning of a new calendar is a good time to break old habits and think about a new course or a new direction.

Maybe it's time to make a new rut...slip into a new pair of jeans...toss out the old. There may be a wonderful new opportunity waiting for you just around the bend if you'll climb high enough to see it.

Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19

This is the "pot calling the kettle black" because I am the queen of ruts. I'm talking to myself more than anyone else, I hope you know that. Won't you join me in getting out of old habits and make new beginnings that bring joy to you and those around you? 

Open your eyes to a new year to all God has in store for you. He is making a way and joy cometh!

Blessings from My Little Corner,
Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Guilty as charged, but God is thankfully doing a new thing. Love that verse, perfect for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gonna be a wonderful year for you...He makes all things new. Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels